December 31, 2009
The question of the day is – why do you never take the right type of clothes on vacation? I guess I should be greatful that our luggage arrived with us. M&R lost the suitcase with their clothes for a full 24 hours; their luggage took the scenic route to San Diego via Portland.
The Dude stayed with us in San Diego when his Mom and Dad went home. He and the Little Miss are becoming inseparable. He has also discovered the world of Ipod so he now has earphones growing from his ears. Little Miss has him drinking imaginary tea at her tea parties. Big T and I are thoroughly enjoying the world of our grandchildren.
Looking back over 2009, my accomplishments for this past year include:
- Discovering a new creative side of me
- Opening my online store through www.hummingbirdtreasures.etsy.com
- Completing several significant customized orders through Hummingbird Treasures
- Initiating my blog site for Hummingbird Treasures at www.hummingbirdtreasures.blogspot.com
- Selling my first original items through Hummingbird Treasures
- Continuing to enjoy every day of my retirement
Looking forward, my high level goals for 2010 include:
- Expand the scope and readership of my blog
- Explore contemporary quilt art as a new media for Hummingbird Treasures
- Help Big T build a ‘quilt wall’ in my home studio
- Join a local writers’ group
- Finish and submit my ‘young adult novel’
- Learn to live life to its fullest
From me to you, lots of hugs and thanks for joining me in my new adventures of learning to be creative and artistic. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!